British doctors say that according to statistics, breast cancer today, among women aged 35-54 years is the main cause of mortality. Every ten minutes in the UK one person put this deadly diagnosis. Scientists explain that certain factors, such as age, gender, genetic predisposition, increase the risk of developing this disease, a person can not affect. However, the doctors, there are other provocateurs Oncology.
How to prevent the development of breast cancer?
Experts mentioned three ways that will help to protect yourself from the insidious disease:
- Diet and alcohol. The transition to a healthy, balanced diet and reducing the amount of alcohol consumed can significantly reduce the risk of developing the disease, scientists say. The basis for a healthy diet should be vegetables, fruits, fish, legumes, olive and Flaxseed oil, water and lean meat. If you constantly stick to this diet, then sometimes you can afford roasted, sweet and the other is not the most useful food. Increased volume of alcohol consumption also contributes to the risk of developing breast cancer, so doctors suggest to minimize its daily consumption volume, and even better to give up entirely.
- The change of ecological situation. Some studies have drawn a parallel between the cumulative (total time) the time of the impact of background radiation on the human body. For example, in various medical imaging techniques such as computerized tomography, uses high levels of radiation exposure, which also increase the risk of developing cancer. Doctors suggest to reduce the number of applications for such diagnostics and to use it only when absolutely necessary. In addition, British doctors recommend that women spend more time in clean places, and those who have the opportunity to live with nature and the sea, greenery and mountains.
- Birth control and menopause. Experts also advise women after 35 years to give up birth control pills, replacing them withmethods of contraception. For advice on this issue should go to the doctors. Similarly, doctors recommend to do with postmenopausal hormonal drugs that increase the risk of developing breast cancer because it causes imbalance in hormonal levels (increasing levels of estrogen and progestins) in the body.
The main risk factors for developing breast cancer
Scientists distinguish three main factors:
- If you are a woman. Experts say that in 99 percent of cases detection of breast cancer diagnosed women;
- Age. More than 80 percent of patients with breast cancer women after the age of 50;
- Heredity. About 5 percent of people who have been diagnosed with breast cancer have inherited the disease.
The main symptoms of breast cancer
In addition, the experts voiced the main symptoms that may indicate the possibility of developing breast cancer:
- A change in the size and shape of the Breasts;
- Redness or rash in the peripapillary region;
- Discharge from the nipples when squeezed;
- Swelling in the armpit or around the collarbone
- Seal in the region of the breast;
- Change the texture of the skin;
- Constant pain in the breast area or underarm.
Experts advise to be very vigilant in detecting possible breast cancer and at supervision of any of the aforementioned symptoms, immediately contact your doctor.