The new year is well and good, but the news of high technologies is on schedule. Today we will tell you so dangerous last year’s Olivier and whether it is possible to get to Mars, if you constantly drive a round dance around the Christmas tree. Actually no, but now you’re intrigued?
1. Cook money — from 1 January in Russia decreased threshold for duty-free purchases in foreign online stores. Yeah, now I have to pay if the total amount of products ordered during the month in foreign online stores, 500 euros, or the total weight of the orders exceeds 31 kg.
Who will help to charge fees? Of Course, The “Mail Of Russia”! She will now make customs operations with goods purchased for personal use. For this the company will work with the electronic system of the Federal customs service (FCS): to inform who, what and how much is ordered, including to consider the total weight and value of goods for one month.
For the buyer there is little that will change — just when ordering on the website foreign online store, he would pay not only the cost of the goods (and delivery if it is paid), but the fee, which is calculated automatically. The fee will be 30% of the product cost, but not less than 4 euros for each kilogram over the limit.
2. Meanwhile, news from a parallel universe — CES showed a working a flexible smartphone! The company Royole brought FlexPai first fully functional flexible smartphone. All of you correctly read. A little-known company surpassed Samsung shows at the CES a fully working gadget with flexible, folding in half screen. Moreover, this device is already sold.
Device FlexPai is a 7.8 inch flexible smartphone that runs on the Snapdragon 855. And since the novelty has already went on sale, then we may and the first available to buy a device running the new mobile chipset. They say the screen is able to provide 200 000 flexes. This is how many times do I have to sit on it by accident!
However, some decisions still raise questions. For example, in the apparatus there is no mechanism that would block the screen when the gadget is in the expanded state. Anyway the device is very unusual, the compromise, and in some aspects very controversial. While this all looks very clumsy.
3. And Hyundai showed a rescue vehicle with four legs. He will be able to drive on the roads, step over the wide cracks and even climbing the small wall. Yes, such a thing would be useful when driving on unpeeled snow from the Moscow court.
Each of the four legs of an unusual vehicle is equipped with a wheel with individual drive. Limbs able to move in different directions — such flexibility to provide moving mechanisms in the field of “pelvis”, “knee” and “Shin” of the robot. Wheels can turn 360 degrees around its vertical axis. Directly cyborg.
The motors of the robotic vehicle is connected to the battery with a capacity of 66 kWh., while driving on normal roads Hundai Elevate almost indistinguishable from conventional cars, as the limbs folded under the body. So Skynet is hiding among us!
4. Speaking of aliens, the telescope Kepler helped to find another exoplanet habitable! K2 exoplanet-288Bb located at a distance of 226 light-years from Earth, in the constellation Taurus. There are two red dwarf in different sizes, distant from each other, the Exoplanet revolves around the smallest of them — it creates conditions where there may be water in liquid form. Year on this planet is equal to only one month on Earth.
“Kepler” is completed at the end of October last year due to lack of fuel. Stop his work does not mean that scientists will stop looking for exoplanets. Instead of the failed device search will telescope TESS. Also similar studies conducted by the Observatory Hubble, which will subsequently be replaced by a telescope, the James Webb.
Previously, using data from Kepler, astronomers have found at least 2600 planets, 50 of which can be the same size and temperature as Earth. So to immigrate there somewhere! However, to get there quickly will not work…
5. Wanted a quantum computer in the bedroom? They have with IBM, which introduced at CES its first commercial quantum computer for use outside the laboratory. 20-Cubana the system combines in one box the quantum and classical computing components.
Although IBM describes it as the first fully integrated universal system for quantum computation, designed for scientific and commercial use, it is worth mentioning that the 20-Cubana machine is not so powerful for most commercial applications. But for the “Dots” you have enough power.
Of course, this box — IBM Q — still huge, but it includes everything you need companies to start experimenting with quantum computing, including mechanisms to cool the equipment. So if you do not have a garage, this thing can’t. And it will cost more than the wing of the aircraft.
These are the main news from the world of high technology for the week. How do you like them?Looks like a robotic future is waiting for us soon, and the exploration of new planets is not far off.